[Nfb-krafters-korner] Crocheting pony tail ties

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Fri Apr 11 04:10:47 UTC 2014

Hi Valerie,

Yes, I have crochetted pony tail ties and it is extremely fast and easy.

Treat your tie as though it were your chain joined circle.  Then put your
slip loop on your hook and with your first chain, attach it to the tie and
then chain 2.  Now fill your tie with double crochets and put anywhere from
2 to 3 chain stitches between the double crochet stitches as you go around.
Put as many as you can without stretching your tie too much, snug is okay,
just not enough to widen your tie.  Join your chain to the chains you
started with, then cut and weave in ends.

You can change the stitches to tripple crochet, half double,single or even a
combination there of.  Crochetting them uses less yarn and uses up more
scraps.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net