[Nfb-krafters-korner] Ramona: Christmas Quilting by Hand

Debbie Killian debbie7515 at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 24 00:41:18 UTC 2014

Ramona,
That sounds so pretty. I was unable to join the class that night, but I had
been wondering how to cut the squares evenly. I had not thought about
getting them to cut them at the store. When I was in high school I took
sewing classes and the teacher taught us to use butcher paper to make our
patterns heavier. We put the print pattern on the butcher paper and use pipe
cleaners to show where the print arrows went. It worked out great! We all
could choose what we wanted to sew. I did an apron with pockets and a pants
suit. Man I sure did enjoy that! Now that I know the store will cut the
squares for me I'm planning on getting some Christmas colored material and
making some Christmas throw pillows for gifts. I hope I can find some
Christmas colors that have snowflakes on it. Thanks for the encouragement.
Debbie