[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sewing for an Enthusiastic Beginner

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 04:11:31 UTC 2014

J, you can certainly mark some things with a line of pins.  If I understand
what you are doing, I would recommend that you mark where your cuts will
need to be with tape.  You can use scotch tape or adhesive tape, something
that can be removed when you have completed your cuts.  Put it on the wrong
side of the material for good measure, but the tape should not leave marks.
You could run a basting thread, but that is more work.  You can use a
Braille tape measure to know exactly where to place your marks. I would
measure at the beginning, the middle and the end if the cut needs to be very
long.
Good luck.  And I still encourage you to practice on something cheap.
Ramona