[Nfb-krafters-korner] New member

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Feb 18 00:13:05 UTC 2014

Welcome Dwight
,

I have woven shawls on triangle looms.  I have a small table loom that  I
have used, too.

I prefer the triangle loom because you do not have to warp or is it wef the
 loom first.

Stringing the first part of a loom is a bit boring and tedious.  I  didn't
want to purchase a loom as they can be lots of money, so I tried a table
loom and then went for the triangle loom.  I have purchased the various  size
of triangle looms from 1 foot up to 8 foot loom.

Here in CT they have a place in Hartford[our Capitol] a place that they
have floor looms set up and blind folks can go in and use them and learn.
They have sighted help to work with the folks and it is also open to sighted
folks to learn and they charge them for the classes.

I really wished I could get transportation up there to take advantage of
learning, but it is like around an hour away and I don't have someone to
drive  me.

Please do let us know how you make out.

I might have to pull out one of the looms and do some weaving.

Welcome,

In a message dated 2/17/2014 6:35:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,