[Nfb-krafters-korner] Introduction and loom knitting questions

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 04:09:40 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My name is Minh and I recently resubscribed to the list. I joined this
list a year or so ago but had to leave because I was starting my
freshman year of college. I'm really excited to be back and discuss
more about crafting with you all. :)

So I started loom knitting a few months ago when a friend and I were
exploring in a craft store and we ran across the loom section. I've
been needle knitting for a few years now but has never really got the
hang of it or honestly really into it at all. Loom knitting is
different though. It is seriously addicting and I have made several
projects with ease and they have actually come out looking really
beautiful.

I have a couple of problems that I hope someone ccan help me with.
I've managed to pick up the basic stitches, but I still don't know how
to do the knit and purl stitches on the loom. I've read tutorials and
watched videos on youtube, but I can't seem to distinguish between the
two. If anyone could give me pointers on how to get started, I would
really appreciate it. Also, I am using the knifty knitter line of
looms, but I'm looking for a reliable afghan loom that is long enough
to knit a large flat panel. Do you have recommendations for which one
I should look into?

Thank you so much for the help,
Minh

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on
their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." T. E. Lawrence