[Nfb-krafters-korner] question for crocheters

melissa tucker melissatucker4 at att.net
Wed Jan 22 01:53:51 UTC 2014

If anyone wishes to write me off list regarding my question, send an email to melissatucker4 at att.net
I was looking at a hat that a friend of mine was crocheting and she was telling me about the front post and back post stitches.  Now, I have gotten some Braille patterns from Horizons for the Blind and some of their patterns call for this stitch too.  I'm thinking that mostly, these stitches are done around the posts of previously double crocheted rows.  Do I double crochet around one of the posts of the dc stitch, or am I missing the concept of this all together?  I'm familiar with dc, hdc, sc, and tripple crochet stitch, but don't understand the front and back posts stitches.  thanks for any help.