[Nfb-krafters-korner] purchasing large looms

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 03:33:29 UTC 2014

Lillie, the large round afghan loom from cindwoodcrafts, has 120 pegs and is $52.00, it is about the size of a child size hula hoop, I have the one with 1/2 inch spacing.
When doing a flat panel on a round loom you are not working in a circle, rather you are going back and forth around the curve of the loom, so if working 120 pegs, you would knit from peg 1 to peg 120 and then backwards to peg 1.
Or maybe this will help you visualize better, lets say you are using the 120 peg loom, but only using 100 pegs, you will knit from peg 1 to 100 then turn around and go back in the other direction back to peg 1, this is creating a flat panel even thought you are using a round loom, you are not connecting the two ends, so when you remove from the loom it will lay flat.

How to bind off or remove the loops from the pegs will be covered in the beginners class.
  hope that helps you visualize it.
Barb