[Nfb-krafters-korner] U.S crochet terms, chain, s.c, double etc

Valerie rosetta at adam.com.au
Wed Jan 22 09:49:53 UTC 2014

Hello to all, I am wondering if anyone could set me straight about just what
is meant by terms for crochet stitches in the U.S.  I have realized our
crochet is not the same, or believe that's why I am getting muddled. Would
anyone have a description of what single crochet might mean, double crochet,
half treble, treble etc. I might then be able to work out how to attempt
some simple U.S patterns, assuming I'm right and the stitch terms are
different?

Would so appreciate some help if anyone is able.  Best wishes. Valerie