[Nfb-krafters-korner] fund-raising

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 03:26:31 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Some of you have probably received those brailed Xmas cards that Theresa's sends out with a little
crocheted decoration on them. so my idea is that we could create a whole line of cards for various
occasions to sell. Birthday, valentine's day, Xmas, etc. not expensive and they could even be sent
free matter because of the braille. the tricky part might  be adding the large print, at least for
me. but perhaps printed labels would work.

We could make the decorations during chats or special classes for the purpose. folks who know
braille well could make up the actual cards, and those who had printers could print out labels. It
would be tricky to initially organize perhaps, but we could start slow and just all make one kind
of card at first.

Cost would be braille paper and labels and I suppose a print cartridge. The small amount of yarn to
make a little decoration would be insignificant unless we really got rocking and rolling!

Cathy F