[Nfb-krafters-korner] braille ceramic pins, was RE: another possible fundraising idea

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 22:34:51 UTC 2014

Diane,
Please pardon my confusion, but would like to ask some questions. You carve
a word out of a stamp? A rubber stamp that you carve with a knife the stamp
iton clay and fire it in a kilm then glaze word. Does the lettering stand
out, tto glaze or is it impressed onto clay that is fired? Is it a 3 D word
or a stamped indented word? Can this be done with Fimo clay? I have seen
impressed Fimo desins on necklaces but can not get my mind around how to
make braille letters. I enjoy making the thumbprint necklaces or keychains
with Fimo, where you press into the clay and bake it then paint the print
with paint to accent the print, am I on the right track here? Thanks for
answering my questions.
Terry K