[Nfb-krafters-korner] which style knitting do you use?

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 05:04:31 UTC 2014

Hi Valerie,

It is not that the stitches are done differently it is only that the needles are held differently.

The continental method is where you thread the working yarn through the fingers on your left hand
and use one finger to yarn over and the other needle to knit. In the American style you have the
working yarn in your right hand and throw it over the needle to yarn over and the yarn is not
threaded through your fingers. I know nothing about the Portuguese style. I can't picture knitting
with the working yarn around my neck. <smile>
Cathy F