[Nfb-krafters-korner] which style knitting do you use?

Dani Pagador daniknits at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 10:41:46 UTC 2014

Hi, Valerie.
It sounds like you're knitting in to the front and back of a stitch,
increasing your stitch count on the r.h needle to two instead of one.

You insert the r.h. needle in to the stitch on your l.n from front to
back, yo to knit, bring the stitch over the tip of the r.n, but don't
drop it off.

Swing the tip of your r.n to the right and behind the point of your
l.n. This will twist the stitch on your l.n (think of looping a rubber
band around something more than once; you'd need to twist it to get a
second loop to go around.). Now put your r.n. through the stitch on
your l.n from right to legt, with the tip of your r.n crossing behind
your l.n. Yarn over as to knit, bring the stitch on your l.n. over
your r.n and drop the stitch off the l.n. Two stitches are on your
r.n; the second one comes from the twist you made in the stitch on
your l.n.

Hope this makes sense.

Happy Knitting,
Dani