[Nfb-krafters-korner] buckles for macramé dog collar

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 18:11:50 UTC 2014

Hi Debbie and all,

The tricky thing about the buckles is not so much finding them, but figuring
out what cord thickness, as well as how many cords will fit through the
slits on the buckle. Right now I am making a strap for my water bottle and
have found that the 2-inch long plastic buckle I purchased from Michaels
works great with eight strands of 2mm rattail cord. I am making a pattern of
alternating square knots using two colors. It could easily be a dog collar
instead of a carry strap.
I may teach this as a class if it works out the way I hope it will.

Cathy F