[Nfb-krafters-korner] lanyard class

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:49:31 UTC 2014

Hello to those interested in making lanyards,

Hmm, I wish I could tell you how much gimp or craft lace to purchase. But I
just don't know. To teach myself, I purchased a roll of two different
colors, and yes there is a lot of cord, but it wasn't expensive. Anyhow, I
read that three feet of the thick lacing will create only three inches of
cord. so you can do the math. The problem is I don't know if my lace is
considered thick or not. so to teach myself I cut two cords, each ten feet
long. So when they are folded in half I have four cords, five feet long to
work with. I figured that would be a good test. Unfortunately, I have not
progressed as far as I would like with making the lanyard, I misplaced it
for a few days and then forgot about it, so I haven't got much done. Perhaps
three inches? Remember the turtle and the hare? I am the turtle.

Cathy F