[Nfb-krafters-korner] Ending Rows on the Knitting Loom

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Wed Jul 16 19:39:21 UTC 2014

 Hi Michele;

This is Terry Powers, from MD.  Welcome!
I have been a loomer for a few years and learned how to loom from this group.
My boyfriend, Henry Osborne and I have found it to be helpful to e-wrap in a clockwise direction around the loom, but to prevent unraveling stitches, knit off your last stitch first.  Say your working yarn is at peg 36, then knit off peg 36.  This will lock in your working yarn and your work will not unravle.  You now have the choice of knitting off your stitches, from 36, back to peg 1 or 1 to 35.  I find it easier to e-wrap 1-36 and knit off, 36-1.
Hope this helps.
I have some imfo I can send you when I get a chance.

Terry Powers
Terry.powers at nih.gov