[Nfb-krafters-korner] an explanation for newbees about classes how to sing up etc.

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 21:13:39 UTC 2014

Hello Jeanette and other newbees,

Welcome to Krafters Korner. I am so glad you joined us and would be happy to
try to explain things to you regarding the classes.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Ok, once you are a member you can take as many classes as you want. What
happens is that a message will be posted on this list and also on our blog,
saying that a particular class is up on our site and ready for people to
sign up to take it. so then you would go to:
www.krafterskorner.org/classes
and look for the name of the class which will be a link. so you click on the
link and will be taken to a page with all kinds of information about that
particular class. What the class is about, who is teaching it, contact
information for the instructor, whether it is an email or phone class, what
are the dates for the class, what time will the class be held, what is the
deadline for sign up, what supplies are needed, and whether any experience
is needed by the person taking the class.
So say you decide you want to take this class. You go to near the bottom of
the page where you will find a sign up form. You fill in your name, phone
number and email address and hit send. The next thing to happen is that you
will receive an email confirming that you have signed up for the class.

What happens next depends on whether you are taking an email or phone class.
If it is an email class, then you will be subscribed to a separate email
list just for members of your class on the date that the class is supposed
to begin. The instructor will then send a welcome message and you will reply
to it and then begin to receive emails with lessons.
If instead you have signed up for a phone class, you will receive a personal
email with a special phone number just for that class and you will then call
in on the date and time for the class. This is a conference call where you
will talk with the instructor along with other members of your class.

As for recordings, yes there will be recordings of classes, though for a
time, we were having difficulties with the recordings. so, if you sign up
for and then attend the class, then you will receive a recording of your
class to refer to later. You will be sent a link to a dropbox where you can
retrieve the recording.

Hope you and others find this helpful. It is confusing in the beginning.

At the current time I believe there are only two classes that are open for
sign up. One is the macramé seven point snowflake. if you know how to make a
few basic macramé knots, then you are welcome to join the class. The other
class is a crocheted granny square and knowing a few basic crochet stitches
is required.

So go take a look at these if you would like.
If you can't join these classes, don't worry, more will be coming up, many
for beginners.

Cathy F