[Nfb-krafters-korner] Krafters Korner Classes

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 21:15:45 UTC 2014

All upcoming classes are posted on our website with description, supplies,
teacher's contact.  You must go over to our website:
_www.KraftersKorner.org_ (http://www.KraftersKorner.org)
to sign up for a class.

Announcements are put up on this list when a class has been posted on our
website.  There is a cut off time for signing up.  All email classes  are
cut off 1 week prior to the beginning of the first class.  Telephone  classes
you have a few days closer to sign up, but since classes are usually  posted
to our website 3 to 4 weeks before the beginning of the class, why delay
your sign up.  Class lists are made and sent out to the teachers a few days
prior to the beginning of each class   Email classes need time for the
email lists to be cleaned out and new names added to the new list and that is
done by the fellow who handles all of the email lists that NFB has.  That  is
why we cut off 1 week before the beginning.

We encourage you to sign up for all classes that interest you and
understand if it is a one night class and you can not make it, you are not  entitled
to the recording or directions given by the teacher.  Our teachers  do not
get paid and they volunteer their time for free.  They put a lot of  time
and effort in preparing their classes, writing up directions[if they choose
to do that] and teaching each of their students.  Many of them spend extra
time giving one to one help, too.  So it is up to you to give them the
courtesy of attending their class.

in the past we had issues about class recordings and basically we
discontinued them and did not save any of the class recordings from the  past.  The
recordings were sent as a link and it is up to the student to  download it
and save it if they want it.  So maybe there might be some  recordings, but
NFB Krafters Division does not have any of them.

Some of the teachers felt that they wanted their classes recorded and we
did that for them.  The link was sent to the teacher and she distributed it
to her students and I don't know if the teachers kept them or not.

In the past we had a few folks helping out [not many] to do the behind the
scenes work.  There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to
bring you what Krafters Korner has to offer.  None of us get paid and we
donate our time to bring this to everyone.

About one year ago our WebMistress decided she needed to be paid and that
was when we looked into fundraising, membership drive, etc.

We have some folks that have recently volunteered to help out with the
behind the scenes jobs and I, myself, put in an average of 100 to 120 hours per
 month at Krafters Korner.  I had some tough times this year with sickness,
 death of my husband and broken ankle and found that I could not keep up
with  things.  I thank everyone that pitched in and helped out during these
times.

So now we are looking for volunteers and we have folks that have
volunteered and starting up new things involvung Krafters Korner.   Recordings are
part of this new plans and Dixie will take charge of that for the  teachers.
Cathy will be a trainer in how to start and stop  recordings.  Cathy is
creating and getting our blog up and going and we  have named that CraftingBlind
 spelt with a "C".

I am getting back into the groove as before spending more time here.   I
won't be back totally until the middle of August due to 3 weeks that I need to
 work at Girl Scout Camp in Connecticut, gimping around on 1 foot for 2
weeks and  the last week trying it without the walking boot for my broken ankle.

All Monday Night Chats are posted on our website and we need help
announcing things on this list, too.

Please contact me at _Blindhands at aol.com_ (mailto:Blindhands at aol.com)  if
you have any  questions or willing to pitch in and help or give me a call 203
378 8928.

Joyce