[Nfb-krafters-korner] input on ideas and looking for suggestions

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 00:18:19 UTC 2014

I would like some input from all of you and I would like some suggestions
and ideas, too

Cindy S. sent this along to the board members and I think they are
definitely great ideas.  I would like to have some volunteers and 2  committees
formed to work on these over the next year prior to July 2015  Convention.

Please contact me off line at:
_Blindhands at aol.com_ (mailto:Blindhands at aol.com)

1. for suggestions and ideas
2. volunteers for  these committees .
If you have a preference for the committees  please let me know that,  too.

Ideas from Cindy S.:

A  Teacher of the year Award-run August to May each year, encourages  the
Christmas in August rush, starts after convention, ends in enough time  to
not be rushed for preparing the voting and award at convention, maybe  at
some point be able to give a gift certificate with the award, maybe  have
someone "make" an actual award such as a safety pin beaded  item.

Form a committee for accessibility-one or two times a year they  send a
special thank you and recognition letter to a person/organization  that
provides accessibility in crafting (i.e. Lion Brand provides Large print
and
braille patterns, Theresa's company sorts and labels kits), and one or  two
times a year they reach out to a company or person to make their  crafting
"thing" accessible such as making patterns available in a text  format
instead charts or making emails available in something other than a
picture.