[Nfb-krafters-korner] input on ideas and looking for suggestions

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 17:46:18 UTC 2014

Joyce!

Cindy s has some awesome ideas. I love it.

I think for the teacher of the year award, would it be possible to
have the committee perhaps chaired by a board member but consisting of
students? I know many of us teach but wouldn't it be a conflict to
have teachers on the committee? Anyone could send a paragraph about
why they think so-and-so should get the award and the committee could
decide from there. Just a thought.

As for committees: I'd really like to see a social media committee
since we're upping our game on the internet. I know I'm helping out
with twitter, and perhaps now facebook. cathy is blogging. But, I know
from my own job that all of this really needs a few people to help.
for instance, one person should not do all the tweeting and
facebooking. So much happens all the time that one person cannot
conceivably know what is going on at all times. also, it is good to
get different perspectives. I'm happy to be on this committee and work
with cathy and others to make a splash on the Twittersphere, facebook,
blogosphere and wherever else.

LM

On 7/20/14, Joyce Kane via Nfb-krafters-korner