[Nfb-krafters-korner] Ideas about organizing materials

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Thu Jul 31 02:13:33 UTC 2014

Hi Minh,

Funny you should use the term "in the kumihimo zone".  I have just gotten my
husband hooked on kumihimo and he definitely fits in the "kumihimo zone".
LOL

My husband is sighted and so we have combed A.C. Moore and Michaels for the
past two weeks looking for anything, and I do mean anything about or
concerning kumihimo and braiding.  I got him started with our local library
and found two books on braiding techniques around the world and they also
mention kumihimo.  When he is done with those, there are two other books
that focus on kumihimo and kumihimo style braiding from Japan.  This only
led to purchasing further books from the craft stores, yards and yards, if
not miles, of different cordage, end caps, fasteners, E6,000 glue, bobbins,
the round and square board and let's not forget the wonderful plastic
circular bobbins.  He is having the time of his life.  LOL

I made two pouches from jean pant legs and he puts his supplies in those and
then into a larger toat.  I can't survive any crafting without zip lock bags
with braille labels.  You could brake your supplies down into groups, label
them as a whole and then put different items into smaller bags and just
label them as you go.  I tend to sort things as I get them, because if I
waited until they accumulated, I wouldn't get very far and I would just end
up asking someone what particular color, size etc everything I put my hand
on was.

Build your sorting/labeling/storage as you go with methods that you have
found works real well for you and expand that with suggestions and ideas
from others.

Have fun in the "kumihimo zone"!

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net