[Nfb-krafters-korner] swatch gauge help

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Jun 23 17:16:12 UTC 2014

I think I can help.
First you need to read the label of the yarn.
Say the yarn says four stitches per inch for x needles and y number of rows.
To figure out the number of stitches, if your sholder to sholder  was 10 inches and it said to add 4 inches, that equals 14, then times the number of stitches per inch for your yarn.  Say it is 4 stitches per inch, then multiply 14 times 4 and you should get 56.
Most likely your measurements will be larger.  Just making it easy.
Hope this helps.
Follow the number of rows per inch as on the yarn package.

Terry Powers