[Nfb-krafters-korner] swatch gauge help

knitangelpm knitangelpm at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 19:03:37 UTC 2014

oh boy!

 I think I'm getting really confused here.
 I was told a swatch of about 20 stitches Knig until I have 4 inches .

 also doesn't that depend on the needle size and yarn and you are using?

 I started doing it by counting the stitches and using my measuring tape.
 so, I am confused as to which way to go here.
 the pattern I'm doing
 States I can use any type of yarn and needles and I needed to take my
shoulder measurements

 making a shrug.  I need to measure. shoulder. to shoulder. in order to
get. the body of the shrug.
 add 4 inches to that.
 then, multiply stitches per inch. to that number in order to get the
number of stitches to cast on

 I am probably confusing you more.