[Nfb-krafters-korner] Making a baby blanket

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 20:18:26 UTC 2014

Hi Lily,

It is always nice to hear about new babies coming into the world. Right now I am making a set of
hat and booties using my new cindywood loom.

As for yarn, most brands of yarn have specific yarns that are designed for baby items. These yarns
are usually in pastel shades and are especially soft. As a mother myself, I would prefer a blanket
that was acrylic or an acrylic blend so that I could throw it into the wash when needed.
As for the time to make a blanket, it really depends on how fast you can crochet, and what
thickness of yarn and sized crochet hook you use. If the baby in question is due in the summer you
would want alight worsted weight yarn and this would take a smaller hook and thus take longer to
make.
Have fun with your project and let us know if we can be of any further help here.

Cathy F