[Nfb-krafters-korner] Talking about convention

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Wed May 7 12:12:04 UTC 2014

 Great idea, Lilly;

I have done this many years.  We had a lady in my chapter that could not handle money or get from her room to the elevator.  I roomed with her the first few years and then she ventured out and roomed with others.  She raised a grand daughter, retired and now is recovering from a stroke.
Actions like this can turn newly blind from dependent into independent.
I think I have my mentee for this year, Henry!
This will be his first National convention.  It is going to be a struggle to get both of us there, but I want to be there when Dr. Mauer steps down and Mark Rickabono becomes president!!!

This is something we can add to our convention, chat.

There will be other NFB people calling out, where the different rooms, are and the Lion's club has volenteers to assist, if you get lost.
You will be given a descriptive of the layout of the hotel so it will not be as hard as it seams.  Feal free to ask anything on list or e-mail me directly.

Terry Powers
Terry.powers at nih.gov