[Nfb-krafters-korner] adding yarn or changing colours looming?

jill via Nfb-krafters-korner nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Tue May 27 23:13:06 UTC 2014

Maria,
I found this for you.  I heard about this join on a facebook group I belong
to.  I want to try it as well.
Jill
            Russian Join
  Ann Yotter (famous and helpful contributor to the Bond  knitters club
online)

    has shared her instructions and pictures for the Russian Join as
follows...........

Step 1
Thread as skinny a needle as you can use with your yarn and go back into the
strand of yarn about 3" back from end. Try to run the yarn inside the plies
if possible. It helps to untwist the plies slightly to open up the center.
Step 2
Pull the needle all the way thru the yarn leaving a loop at the end. Take
the 2nd yarn end (pink) and pass thru this loop.

Step 3
Repeat Step 1 with this 2nd piece of yarn so you have 2 interlocked loops
with each end threading back thru its own strand.
Step 4
Pull the free ends down so the loops disappear and trim the ends off where
they exit the strand (see where needle is pointing). Pull firmly to make
sure they are long enough to hold. When you close down the loops in Step 4,
just pull until closed. If you keep pulling, the strand will untwist and
release the yarn end in the center of the strand.

Step 5
The finished join. This one is a little short. I like to have at least 2"
of "yarn thru yarn" on each side of the joining.