[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom knit pot holder or pot pad

Cathy via Nfb-krafters-korner nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Thu May 29 03:58:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My class is getting close to the deadline for signing up. The class will
begin next week. Details are below.
I hope there are more classes soon to come. I don't see anything new on the
website. <sad face>

By the way, I forgot to tell my macramé students that we only have two more
knots to learn and then I will send an attachment with a description of all
of the knots.

Ok, back to loom knitting:

LOOM KNITTING: Pot Holder/Hot Pad

instructor: Cathy Flesher

email: flowersandherbs at gmail.com

start date: June 6, 2014, 8:00 PM EST, 7:00 PM CT, 6:00 PM MT, 5:00 PM PCT

number of sessions: 1

sign up deadline: 05/30/2014

level: Beginner Plus

requirements: You need to know the basics of loom knitting.

a new stitch pattern and how to make a super-thick potholder or hot pad.
This pattern is creative, and easy, and I know you will enjoy making this
project as much as I did.

supplies needed:
 1. A 36-peg round loom (for a 9 inch hot pad) or 24-peg loom (for a 6 inch
potholder).
 2. Loom tool.
 3. Worsted weight cotton yarn, 2 skeins.
 4. Stitch markers, 2.
 5. Yarn needle.
 6. Scissors.
 7. Crochet hook optional.

additional comments: For this project, two strands of yarn are held together
and worked as one. I find that it is easiest to tie the ends of the two
skeins together and roll the skeins into one large ball. A variegated and
matching yarn look nice with this pattern.

Cathy F