[Nfb-krafters-korner] off topic a question about blindness and how to explain it 2 sided people

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 03:19:25 UTC 2014

Portia, others can't really stop you from going out alone if you feel okay
about it.  Just smile and tell them to have a nice day. If you are not ready
for that until you get some more training or hearing aids, you may need to
have some patience.  If you need someone to accompany you while you figure
things out, that can be difficult.  Try to stay calm in dealing with those
who want to be helpful, but there comes a time when you just have to plant
your feet and insist that they are not paying attention to what you are
trying to tell them.  Just not very often, and it will work better.   I hope
you get it worked out.
Ramona