[Nfb-krafters-korner] sewing and ripping

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 06:26:28 UTC 2014

Hi all.  I was reading some old email threads from this list, and found a
discussion of sewing machines and sewing.
I have a Bernina sewing with accessibility features -- tactile markings and
guides, large easy to use controls, etc, that I got when I was young.
Back then I took a sewing class and learned to sew some things, and made a
bunch of pants and dresses and such, then I went to college and gave the
machine to Mom.

My question is that I found sewing on the machine to be mostly easy.  But
unfortunately I experienced a lot of murphy's law of sewing: "that which ye
sew, ye shall also rip"...
I found that ripping up a seam without putting holes in the fabric was
almost impossible, or at least I didn't find an easy way to work around the
problem, short of asking someone else to do the ripping.  Does anyone else
have any tips on ripping seams safely without seeing the thread?

Just curious.
Happy sewing.
--le