[Nfb-krafters-korner] a question about crocheting a blanket shell pattern

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Sep 4 15:17:03 UTC 2014

Sometimes the time of day makes a difference on how you pull and crochet the
yarn. Your yarn should flow smoothly off the ball. The grip on your hook
should be relaxed. You may need to lift the yarn up and off the needle,
instead of pulling the yarn off the needle. I happen to have this trouble.
If I pull the yarn off I don't get all the yarn off, or I inadvertently poke
through the yarn thinking it was all off but the working loop. Slower by
lifting the yarn is actually faster as I make far less mistakes

So check the yarn is flowing off the ball,  Check the time of day that is
best for you to crochet, check all loops and threads you want off the needle
are indeed off, check Cathy's suggestions, lol, and please don't be hard on
yourself. The shell stitch is not easy to do. It takes time to learn the
touch of an even stitch. Then you have to relearn with each type of yarn and
each size of needle.

Warm hugs,
Becky