[Nfb-krafters-korner] Please explain

Shelbi Hindel shelbiah1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 18:29:52 UTC 2014

Here, pasted below, is an announcement that we read at our chapter meeting a
while back. Hope it helps.
Shelbi

NFB STEM2U.
is coming to a city near you during the 2014-2015 school year!

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), in partnership with museums and
science centers, will facilitate three regional science, technology,
engineering, and math (STEM) programs. NFB STEM2U expands on the exciting
and innovative work conducted by the NFB in the area of informal STEM
education through previous National Center for Blind Youth in Science
programs such as the NFB Youth Slam, NFB Project Innovation, and NFB STEM-X.

Eligible Participants:
.  blind elementary school-aged students and their parents
.  blind high school-aged students
.  teachers working with blind students

Programs:
.  NFB STEM2U Leadership Academy 9/5/14-9/7/14
(Leadership Academy is required for the 30 high school students who attend
the regional programs later in the year.)
.  NFB STEM2U Baltimore, MD, 11/6/14-11/9/14
.  NFB STEM2U Boston, MA, 3/12/15-3/15/15)
.  NFB STEM2U Columbus, OH, 5/14/15-5/16/15

Registration fee: $0

Application deadlines:
.  Elementary students and parents July 31, 2014
.  High school students June 15, 2014
.  Teachers July 31, 2014

To learn more or apply, please visit www.blindscience.org/nfb-stem2u. If you
have questions or require more information, send an e-mail to STEM at nfb.org.

This material is based upon work supported by the National Science
Foundation under Grant No. 1322855.

Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this
material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views
of the National Science Foundation.