[Nfb-krafters-korner] help with decreasing the crown of a hat?

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 20:53:22 UTC 2014

Portia yes there is and I’ll admit to still having some difficulty with it but what you do….
When you have reached the length you want you will then do 3 rows of knit 2 purl 2
next you will do the gathered bind off by taking the working yarn behind the 2 knit stitches and pick up your 2 purl stitches, behind the 2 knit pick up the 2 purl
make sure to tighten up you working yarn as much as you can
when you get back to your starting point you will now starting picking up your 2 knit stitches
now you will gather as usual however………and this is where I still have problems
when gathering the purl stitches are suppose to move toward the inside while the knit stitches are suppose to gather toward the opposite side
I really have to work and rework to get the purl row tightened up.

Hope that helps,
Barb