[Nfb-krafters-korner] Well plans don't work...

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 19 02:27:05 UTC 2015

Hi Joyce,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having so many challenges with your blood sugars.  There are so many factors in trying to keep the blood sugars balanced: food, exercise, stress, emotions, and more.  And the information is constantly changing with new medications and new strategies.

Stress can easily raise one's blood sugar.  When my husband was hospitalized and waiting for his quadruple bypass, he was eating less and his blood sugars were higher than usual.  The nurses were giving the max dose of insulin that the doctor (who didn't know him from Adam and was on the hospital staff) had prescribed.  I contacted the doctor and had a discussion with him about increasing his insulin and he was reluctant at first, but agreed by the end of the conversation to increase it.  When he did hthis, my husband's blood sugars were much better and he was out of the hospital 2 weeks after his surgery without experiencing any infections.  Keeping the blood sugars as close to mormal as possible helps prevent infections.  I also know that one has to be careful with what they eat and what meds they take to keep blood sugars in a normal range.  And the monitoring is so important, too.  Maybe consulting with a diabetes educator would be helpful to you, but you have probably done this already.

If you believe in God then you probably know that there must be a good reason why circumstances happened the way they did.  maybe it's better to have the surgery after the holidays.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Take care and god bless.

Annely