[Nfb-krafters-korner] Q for Barb on thin lacey scarf

Catherine jacobse cjacobse at telus.net
Sat Dec 26 22:56:11 UTC 2015

Hi Barb,
Hope you had a very merry HO HO!
Our Daughter has arrived in Puerto Vallarta with loom and yarn for me to make her a thin lacy scarf as I promised.
I think I understand the pattern, but the holes are kinda big -  I can easily put my thumb thru the lacy hole.  I need to double check what I’m doing on these rows 5 to 8.
R5 SL1, K1, *(K/M, W/KO2/W/KO1) rep * to peg 8, K1, HS1
peg 1 do nothing, peg 2 e wrap, knit 1 over 1,
peg 3 e wrap knit 1 over 1, move loop to peg 4
* peg 3 is now empty and peg has 2 loops on it; correct?
peg 4 e wrap knit 2 over 1, e wrap again knit 1 over 1
peg 4 has 1 loop on it.
when this row is finished pegs 3, 5, 7 are empty: correct?
pegs 4, 6, 8 have 1 loop with  stitch combination  W/KO2/W/KO1;
peg 9 e wrap knit 1 over 1;
peg 10 hs, bring yarn around from back to front knit 1
My problem may be the Y O
for row 6 Y O on pegs 4, 6, 8.
All I am doing after completed a prior purl is to bring the yarn across front of pegs 4, 6, 8.  I did not wrap the peg.
In crocheting yarn over  is usually a wrap around the hook, I’m concerned that I am doing the Y O incorrectly resulting in a bigger hole than is supposed to be there.
And to be super clear on what I am doing:
using 10 pegs on front side of loom,
row 1, 3, 5 and so on peg 1 is on front right with peg 10 on front left,
rows 2, 4, 6 have peg 1 on front left with peg  10 at front right.
I am reversing my counting for each row  as I think that agrees with the pattern.
Hope this makes sense and you can tell me what I’m doing wrong.
Many thanks,
Catherine