[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Members

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Sun Jul 19 19:08:28 UTC 2015

Another questions to the new members in order to do the right thing here for
everyone.

I just would like to know.

I get notices when a new person joins the list.  I Usually try to send an
email to the list with some information about our website[including website
address] and about checking out the classes. I treat it like a friendly
hello and if I put something in it like a few folks signed up recently and
introduce your self and let us know what type of crafts you enjoy or want to
learn.  This way it gets the group chatting.  I feel it is a way for the
newbies to join in the conversation.  Some newbies just jump in and
introduce themselves and the conversation is started.

Generally after a newbie has taken their first class, I have aletter that I
send out saying this was your first "Try It Class". And then basically
explain if they want to take more classes then they need to become a paid
member with the option of PayPal or our treasurer's mailing address.

My question is for those new folks would you prefer
1. doing what I do now.
2. Get a written email soon after yu sign on to the list with this
information.
3.A few times a year have a Monday night chat where this information will be
presented and questions answered.

I did do a chat like this in June.  I could schedule another one in
September.

I kind of hate jumping in and forcing membership at the get go and that is
why I wait until after the first class is taken.

We mention a "Try It Class for newbies, but it is not written on the website
It is for first time folks taking one of our classes to see if they can
follow thru with our teacher's directions.

Help me make what you think will work and I will consider it.

Joyce