[Nfb-krafters-korner] the different way things are called.

Henry Osborne hosbornejr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:07:41 UTC 2015

Hi Catherine,
That reminds me of when I was going to college,I was waiting for the
elevator,and a girl from England came up to me,and asked if I was waiting
for a lift. I thanked her,and said that I had my car,but,if she needed a
lift I'd be glad to give her one. She said that she had her laurie,I thought
she meant that her name was Laurie,so I said that I was Henry,we both
laughed,as she explained that a lift was the English way of saying
elevator,and a laurie was her truck.
I sure learned some thing that day.
Let's share some other terms off list,if you have the time. I find the
different ways that Australians,British,and Americans talk very interesting.
By the way,I have Cousins somewhere in Australia.
Hope to chat with you more later.
Henry