[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet in the round question, Terry K

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Sun Mar 22 20:04:59 UTC 2015

Cathy,
I find there are usually two reason for something in the round to curl.
First, Tension, relax your stitch and place a little more thread into the
pattern. A teacher told me when you do some of your stitches, we have a
pattern of making a dc too tight and as you go around it curls. Try just
loosing up on you stitches. Second; if this continues, find a place
somewhere in the round pattern to add ONE sc or and extra dc without
changing the pattern. First I would try the tension then the extra stitch,
however, if it continues to curl, and will not flatten, start again and
watch your tension and stitch count. It happens to all of us. Hope this
helps.
Terry K