[Nfb-krafters-korner] did you miss it

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 21:41:39 UTC 2015

Hi, all,

As an infrequent contributor, I have to say I’m glad for everyone who does converse through KK, about all things crafty and other things. You’re all a blessing, and count on my prayers, too—thanks, Terry!

Now, for a question. I’ve been thinking about doing beading for a while now (whether jewelry-making, or maybe stuff done on garments like T-shirts, etc). I’d just like to hear generally about it from other totally blind crafters: for instance, what made working on garments easier (like, possibly, stabilizing them using an embroidery hoop), what challenges you faced, what you particularly liked about beading, your general sense of the how-to’s that work best—before I invest a lot of money in beads,  other supplies, and/or tools. I’m thinking beading could 1, be a nice diversion from my usual standbys (knitting and crocheting), and 2, products might sell better (I currently offer profits from my stuff to the National Eating Disorders Assn., after recouping a bit for time and materials, and, like a lot of you, find people don’t often understand that the cost is for the labor-intensive and quality nature of our work). Thanks, in advance, for all your ideas, and for the fun listserv—even including service animals and pets like my Emily—will have to be careful about spilling them beads, so she doesn’t get her little feline paws on them and try to ingest what would NOT be good for her!

Sandra
“To love another person is to see the face of God.”
(Les Miserables--the musical)