[Nfb-krafters-korner] new project: gourds

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 01:59:18 UTC 2015

Hi Ramona,

Ohio is a nice place to grow gourds. My next-door neighbor grew someone year
and they grew like gang-busters. Be sure you have a fence for them to hang
on because they have long vines with multiple gourds on each and they are
quite heavy. You might even want to get some stakes.

My neighbor did not leave them out all winter, but picked them in the fall
and let them dry inside. He has made many interesting things with his gourds
carving them into different shapes. As you say, they come in all sorts of
interesting shapes.

Hope you have a large garden!
Cathy F