[Nfb-krafters-korner] Very important find today!

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 02:39:25 UTC 2015

I was in my local WalMart store today Looking for needles and stuff. [I did
get some nail polish, too for just what you said], but while I was there I
needed some more of those tapestry size 16 needles.   I had to tell everyone
what I found.

In the sewing section they did have the blunt tip tapestry needles, But in
WalMart languge they were size 6.  They had a package of 6 all same size,
but 2 different lengths for around $97

I asked my friend to look for the yarn and in that section they had needle
point needles.  They are blunt and 5 came in a package I might be wrong but
by my touch the needle point needles seem to have an eye a little further
apart, but the eye length of the hole seemed about the same as the blunt
tapestry.  The 5 needles they had 3 short ones and 2 longer package of 5 was
$1.49.  Now this was the goodie I found.  In the area where the yarn was and
these needle point needles, they had these metal yarn needle threaders.
There is 2 hooks on each side and they are flat metal hooks like crochet
hook.  There are 2 different sizes -thick yarn and worstered weight yarn
size.  Now I found something like this that I ordered from Neww Hampshire
the Keepsake Quilting group stores and it was not as large or sturdy as this
one and I paid from Keepsake over $7 plus shipping.  WalMart had them for
$1.49.

I am all set now with my over 20 needles and 3 yarn needle threaders.

Check out your local WalMart.  Mine is just a regular WalMart not one of
those super ones.  They also restocked their fabric.  They had gotten rid of
a lot of it.

Joyce