[Nfb-krafters-korner] Gift Exchange, Input Please

ncbootman at gmail.com ncbootman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 22:51:33 UTC 2015

Terry K has asked me to plan the first ever gift exchange for the Christmas festivities this year. So, help me with your input and I’ll be back with the plan and guidelines. Here are a few questions we need answered. If I don’t respond to every e-mail, please don’t feel left out as we are a big group and I may just take down a lot of information for input.  I’ll try.

1. What do you want? Some ideas are a handmade ornament exchange, a craft kit exchange, a craft supply of some sort, a you get to choose what the gift is, or an even better idea that you suggest.

2. What should be the monetary minimum and maximum for value? We want it to be fun and fair for all. Remember that postage will be in addition to this amount and cannot be really estimated at this point.

3. Would you be comfortable with shipping your gift internationally or would you prefer to ship within your own country regardless of what your country is? Despite what the input on this one is, all will be included one way or another.

4. Do you want your furry friends to have an exchange of their own separate from the humans, or shall we simply invite them to the celebration where I’m sure they will all cause quite a raucous lol?

Some rough guidelines of how this will work are as follows. Based on your input, I’ll design a sign up form and e-mail it to the whole list a few times. You will need to fill it out and send your response directly to me. We thought about class sign up for this but it simply does not give enough information. I’ll give you a date by when I must have your form and will then set the matches. I will take the last person to be matched. This will be a lot of work, but I hope we’ll all have fun. More details will follow once I have your feedback. If you wish to make any comment offlist, you may write me at ncbootman at gmail.com and I’ll be watching the list closely for your comments there.

Greg