[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: Cochlear Implant

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:43:50 UTC 2015

We have a date for surgery!!!
I will have the cochlear implant surgery on Oct. 30th, they will shave my head behind the right ear, drill a hole attach the electrodes and place the magnet, glue me shut and send me home if all goes well. With half my head shaved and a bandage wrapped all around my head, I won’t need a halloween costume, I’ll already look like a zombie! LOL
3-4 weeks later I will have the processor attached and turned on, I should be able to hear sounds but most likely will not understand words for a while. They say it can take up to a year to train your brain, so this will be a long process.
Barb