[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT Chinese Inventors Aim to Help the Blind Brush their Teeth Independently

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Sep 21 19:03:42 UTC 2015

People try to make everything require vision when a little thinking
and networking can teach you to do most things nonvisually.

We have a totally blind exchange student this year who doesn't know
how to do anything for himself because his family and the school in
his country never taught him.  He is exceptionally bright and his
family said he should spend his time on academics and not worry about
life skills.  He is learning very quickly, but think how far he could
be if he had learned these skills when he was a child rather than 17.

It is definitely putting my teaching skills and patience to the test.

On 9/21/15, Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] via Nfb-krafters-korner

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053