[Nfb-krafters-korner] Information needed for French or SpoolKnitting

Dorothea Martin bestsinger at samobile.net
Tue Apr 12 18:25:16 UTC 2016

Hello, Henry,
Thanks for your suggestion about the Clover Wonder Knitter. French
knitting, also known as spool knitting, is loom knitting on a spool,
just like the wooden spools of thread with four nails in them. The
spool is generally used for knitting a round tube, such as a cord, and
may have from 3 to 6 pins on it. Some of them have meter pins, others
have knobs, while others have prongs or hooks. That's why I asked for
suggestions as to the good ones. I used an old wooden spool for thread
that my father pounded four nails into some sixty years ago but can't
remember how I did it.I plan to do spool knitting this summer and want
something more hygienic than those nails which will get rusty in the
summer humidity.
Dotty