[Nfb-krafters-korner] Information needed for French or Spool Knitting

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:47:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

Yes, the wonder knitter is a spool loom made of hard plastic with pegs
having grooves in them. it is what I first purchased and I like it for
making I-cords.
You can use this loom with either 3 or 6 pegs.
There is another popular spool loom out there but I can't remember its name,
but it has 5 pegs on one end and 8 on the other end.

Knitting on a spool loom is the same as knitting on any round hand loom. We
often have loom knitting classes here on Krafter's Korner. So be on the
lookout for one.

I don't know of many things you can make on the spool looms other than
I-cords, handles and of course wire necklaces.
Meanwhile until a class comes up,
There are loom knitting books on BookShare, and braille transcribing service
has some as well. or look up instructions for learning to loom knit online.
Cathy F