[Nfb-krafters-korner] Pattern tips

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Sun Apr 24 17:05:37 UTC 2016

Over the past months some tips have been shared by crafters on list. Joyce
shared to use an index card for a pattern tool for cutting and I know there
were others that I should have kept along the way. I will now! Here is one
for those of you who need to start a pattern file for measuring. Since I
crochet a lot of afghans I am always looking for the length and wideth of a
throw, single bed etc. So I will share how I do this. In a zip lock bag that
is in my file box I have one length of yarn the size I make for a single
bed, with a index card attached on the top that has a pen friend lable that
says, "length, single bed". Just one piece of scrap yarn that I take out of
file and place with yarn I am using as I work on the afghan. When finished
it goes back in pattern file. I do the same on wideth. There is not someone
here all the time to ask, so I always have this on hand. Becky, I use this
method with curtans also. I measure the window length with the scrap yarn,
mark it with a card and have it on had to review as I work. This might help
your knitting machine as you can not remove your project. Hope you all enjoy
this little help.

Terry K