[Nfb-krafters-korner] Pattern tips

Catherine jacobse cjacobse at telus.net
Sun Apr 24 19:20:48 UTC 2016

Hi,
Sharing tips is always good.
I have patterns copied in documents on my computer. The current project is a crochet sweater for 18 month old; the number of chains and stitches at end of each row is the third set.  Getting confused yet?  So I don’t get confused  I duplicate  the document and call it current project (or whatever makes sense at the time)  Then I delete all the directions and numbers that do not apply to my current project for  18 month old sweet baby boy. OK my little grandson.
This may sound like a lot of work and time: this is my first attempt at  crocheting an item of  clothing so I need to be anal.  It’s  better to set this up correctly the first time.  Plus by the time I’m finished doing all this copying, reading  and deleting, I have the pattern memorized!  LOL
The other tip that is working for me is having the yarn in a small plastic garbage container, like found in a   bathroom.  I keep my hook, yarn and completed pieces in this container - pick up & go.  When crocheting the yarn is not unraveling all over the place = trip!  There’s also a  piece of cardboard cut to the length of the item and notches for the width.
Happy hooking,
Chatty Catherine   .