[Nfb-krafters-korner] Yarn

Courtney Fulghum Smith cmfulghum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 05:20:24 UTC 2016

> Hellio.

The number on the yarn indicates the weight, or thickness, of the yarn. #4
is worsted weight yarn, #5 is bulky, & #6 is super bulky. The thicker the
yarn, the faster your project goes.

As a beginner, I suggest a #4 or #5 yarn. I buy most of my yarn from
www.joann.com. This site meets most of my yarn needs.

Although I haven't bought anything from this site, www.knitpicks.com does a
FABOULOUS job in their color descriptions.  I have attempted ordering yarn
from www.walmart.com, but the site is not accessible when trying to select
a yarn color.

As looms go, if you will be taking the loom knit hat class, I recommend the
Knifty Knitter or Boye brand. Some folks swear by the Loops & Threads
brand. I say, look at the looms if you can & get a set that is not very
expensive to learn on.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I enjoyed having you at our chat & I hope you join us again next week!

Courtney
cmfulghum at gmail.com