[Nfb-krafters-korner] kumihimo candy cane stripes bracelet class coming in a few months

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 01:01:40 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Ok, I am so glad there is interest in kumihimo. I am working out dates for
the class now. it probably will be a phone class in November followed by an
email class in January.

Several of you asked about supplies, so here they are.

Supplies Needed:

Round or octagonal Kumihimo disk with 32 slots.

Bobbins to hold cords while braiding.

1mm bucktail, (this is satin cord,) in approximately 8 feet of each color.
Two colors, red and white.

Note 1mm waxed cotton thread can be substituted.

Seed beads 6.0 in the same color as your cord are optional.(you'll need
approximately 168 beads of each color.)

Beading needle optional (only needed if you are using beads.)

Silver colored End caps  with a 5mm diameter hole. (I suggest Push-in End
Caps/Clasps  or twist magnetic end caps.)

Jewelry Glue (it must be able to be used with metal. For example, E600.)

Thread in red or white.

Scissors.

The Kumihimo Beginning Kit Is a good choice to purchase if you do not
already have a kumi loom and bobbins. The loom  is a foam disk six inches in
diameter with a hole in the center and 32 slits around the sides. The loom
can either be round or octagonal shaped. The bobbins are plastic and have a
round and a flat side and eight come in a package. Also in the kit is some
hemp cord  of various colors to make a bracelet. However, we will not be
using that cord for this class.

These kumi looms and bobbins can be purchased at craft stores. My personal
recommendation is

http://primitiveoriginals.com/

there you can purchase the kit along with the satin cord and endcaps for
your bracelet.

This company does ship to Canada and overseas. The woman who owns the
company has created a couple of written tutorials especially for us blind
folks and if I am remembering correctly she was a guest on a Monday night
chat here on KK.