[Nfb-krafters-korner] upcoming class: Kumihimo Candy Cane Stripes Bracelet

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 05:14:11 UTC 2016

Surprise it will be in August not November!

Kumihimo Candy Cane Stripes Bracelet

Class name: Kumihimo Candy Cane Stripes Bracelet

Craft category: kumihimo

Class type: phone

Instructor: Cathy F

Class dates: Friday, August 19 and 26, 2016

Time: 8 p.m. eastern

Sign up deadline: August 12, 2016

Class description: Use the basic seven strand round kumihimo braid to create
a candy cane striped bracelet.

Skill level: beginner, no experienced required.

Supplies Needed:

.         Round or octagonal Kumihimo disk with 32 slots.

.         Bobbins to hold cords while braiding.

.         1mm bucktail, (this is satin cord,) in approximately 8 feet of
each color. Two colors, red and white.

.         Note 1mm waxed cotton thread can be substituted.

.         Seed beads 6.0 in the same color as your cord are optional. (You
will need approximately 168 beads of each color.)

.         Beading needle optional (only needed if you are using beads.)

.         Silver colored End caps with a 5mm diameter hole. (I suggest
Push-in End Caps/Clasps or twist magnetic end caps.)

.         Jewelry Glue (it must be able to be used with metal. For example,
E600.)

.         Thread in red or white.

.        Scissors.

Where can you get supplies?

My favorite is PrimitiveOriginals.com. However, supplies are available in
some craft stores.