[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Craft classes, let's try it out!

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 04:17:50 UTC 2016

Liz:

There is a lot to be said about food presentation.  I wish I knew more about it; I'm just a country cook.

Last year I made flavored sugars, oils and vinegars for gifts.  I looked for nice jars and bottles to put them in.  When giving food goods as gifts you can decorate the container with ribbons and such.  I also put together some baskets, so found attractive baskets and used tissue paper and ribbons to make it look nice.  There are lots of ways to incorporate food and crafts, especially in gifts.

One could sew, knit or crochet bags to put food items in.  I believe I saw on the past classes a knitted wine bottle cozy.  If you know origami you could make boxes and bags.  You could weave a basket.  I'm sure the possibilities are endless.

I saw on the Monday night chats there is one about baking mixes in jars.  I'm really looking forward to the upcoming chats.

Nella